4.40 New Connected Features (May 2013)
1. Hero’s Pride is now a Connected Vendor. They are able to provide Direct EDI and Real-time Stock levels. To activate “Heros’ Pride” select them on the Vendor Form > Purchasing Tab > Connected Options Tab.
2. Maevn Uniform Company is now a Connected Vendor. The are able to provide Direct EDI, ASN’s, Product Images and Real-time Stock. To activate “Maevn Uniform Company” select them on the Vendor Form > Purchasing Tab > Connected Options Tab.
4.40 New Features (January to May 2013)
1. Tax Rate Rules. Alternate Sales Tax rates can now be automatically assigned to both Sales Entry and WebStore Transactions. This is useful if you are shipping to a location that requires you to either set the transaction as “exempt” from sales tax (i.e. out-of-state sales) or to collect a different sales tax amount. By creating an Alternate Sales Tax and Tax Rules to apply them, when you ship items to your customer the correct rate can automatically be applied. The CashFlow Reports provides the breakout you need for tax reporting. Select Setup > Alternate Sales Tax List to add additional Sales Tax Rates. Select the “Rules” button” on this list to add rules that can assign a rate based on a match of the “Ship To” address – like the 2 character State code. Select F1-Help when on these windows for On-line Help. To activate Tax Rules for the WebStore, use the WebStore Configuration Form on the Shopping Cart Settings Tab update the Sales Tax Option to use Rules. To activate Tax Rules for Sales Entry, select Setup > System Options > Professional Tab and select how Tax Rules are used in Sales Entry. Note: Tax Rules for Sales Entry are only applied when a shipping method is added to a transaction.
2. WebStore Stock Level Reporting. Revised stock level reporting to not show the Vendor stock level when an item is discontinued or out of stock at the vendor, but in-stock in the store.
3. “Hold” a Purchase Order. Purchase Orders can now be place on “Hold” if they only include stock items on the PO. Placing a PO on “Hold” removes the on order status of each item on the PO. Purchase Orders on “Hold” can be re-activated and the on order status will be active once again. If a PO is on-hold it cannot be received against. You must reactivate the PO. The Hold and Reactivate a PO, just right-click a PO on the PO list and select the appropriate menu option. This new feature is useful when you pre-order a large quantity of merchandise months in advance and you are using smaller max/min levels to manage inventory levels before the large supply arrives.
4. Customer Balance Summary. A new report option was added to enable you to specify what to do with customers with credits. They can be (1) Included – default (2) Excluded (3) or used to “Limit” the Report to customers with credits.
5. WebStore Manual Refresh. By Default Inventory, Prices, Contracts, etc. in the software are always in-sync with the WebStore. The WebStore loads many of these settings in memory so it is very fast, but refreshing the WebStore as items are changed does cause the WebStore to briefly go offline while it is “refreshed”. The WebStore Configuration List now has an option to turn off Auto-Refresh. With this option active the WebStore will only refresh each morning or whenever “Refresh WebStore” is selected by the user.
6. Transfer Special Orders. When selecting special orders to pull from stock using the Inventory Transfer in Receiving, the program now displays the current stock level of items at the store selected to transfer merchandise.
4.40 Revisions (January – May 2013)
1. White Cross V-Stock. Changed the domain name for White Cross V-Stock checking. 2. Strategic Partners EDI. Revised EDI orders to send a single line item for all items that are the same. 3. FTP. Removed the code that tried to move forward with a PutFile() that was at 100% for 20 seconds. Seems to have no benefit. 4. FTP. Added code to wait a short period of time after file Puts and Gets from FTP servers. Seems they sometimes return Noops Success after a put or get and this could interfere with the rename operation. 5. WebStore Security Audit. Made revisions to address java script injections with data that is displayed.
4.40 Fixes (March to May 2013)
1. Downloading Program Updates. Changes to the FTP site affected software updates so that no progress was being shown despite it functioning properly. This has been fixed in this version and affected versions created in 2012 and newer. 2. Closing Cash Drawer Shifts. The total amount not collected for a Shift was off when the Shift included closing a special order, layaway, or gift certificate and the original deposit was applied to the new invoice. Individual payments methods like Cash were accurate at reporting the over/short amount, but the total for all payment types was wrong by the amount of the Deposits being credited. This has been fixed. 3. WebStore SSL. Fixed a problem with the emails that prevented the link from working properly when the Server is using SSL. 4. No Credit in WebStore. Customer with a “No Credit” setting on the Billing Tab of the Customer form could still charge their purchases. This has been fixed. 5. WebStore – Sign-in Password at Checkout. The WebStore required a password that was 8 characters in length during checkout instead of 4 characters like the New Account form. This has been fixed.