Thursday, March 24, 2016
- Memorized Reports. Reports can be “memorized” with the current report settings and easily re-run as a single report or in a group of reports. Just select the “Memorize” button on the Report Criteria Form after selecting a report to run. When you memorize a report, all the report settings will be saved along with a “Group” name. You can run, view, print, edit, and delete Memorized and Completed Reports by selecting Reports > Memorized/Completed Reports. All “memorized” reports are saved to PDF and can be “saved” if desired.
If you have multiple locations, you can memorize reports to be run by remote locations. Once the reports are run at a remote location, right-click the report group and you can zip all the reports and send them to the main location if needed.
- Sales Table. The Sales Table has a new Tab that lists “All” transactions, and it has 3 new entry fields to find items on the current list. “Card4” will locate transactions paid by credit, debit, or gift cards ending in the number you enter (thank you MS SQL).
“PO No.” will find transactions with a matching PO, and “Order No.” will display sales matching the original order number.
- Unlimited Secondary Notes. Invoices, PO’s, Receiving Lists, Customers, Vendors, and more can now have both a primary note and unlimited secondary notes. Secondary notes can be used to track order progress, custom work, and extensive details for a customer as needed.
- Activity Logging. Modifications to transactions, customers, vendors, inventory, and more are logged for each user and the date and time a change/activity was performed. The User Activity Log can be displayed from the User Table. Select Setup > Users > Activity Log button. For modifications made to invoices, customers, etc… there is a “Log” tab that displays the recent activities.
- Demonstration/Training Mode. Training mode is back and with a new option – you can use a backup of your data for training mode. For security purposes, while in training mode, transactions cannot have more than 2 line items or they cannot be completed, and invoices cannot be printed.
- EMV Credit/Debit Card Processing. EMV Credit and Debit Card processing is fully compliant with all EMV receipt printing standards.
- Automatic Program Downloads. Updates to the program are now automatically downloaded when a full release becomes available. Release candidates have to be manually selected for download, but once you have a release candidate, newer candidates for that version will be downloaded automatically. This feature can be turned off on the System Options form.
- MS SQL User Queries. You can easily run your own MS SQL “readonly” queries and save them to be run later. The queries you run will show you the results and can also be exported to Excel in a CSV format. Select Maintenance > SQL Utilities to view your “readonly” user queries.
This new option also has 2 SQL utilities to determine the status of your DB, or the shrink the DB after running the Month-end. This is not somehting you must do, but if you are concerned about your database, run the “Check Database” will help ensure your data is OK.
- Required Program Updates. The program’s Registration System now passes critical dates required for newer versions of the program to be operational. New releases provide feature enhancements, fix bugs, and keep Connected Features working properly. The program will give you many days to weeks to get an update installed if possible, but after the date has passed, you will be required to have the update to either use the program, or to use the Connected Features. A warning message will alert you to an approaching date, and Automatic Program Downloads make it easy to have the latest download ready to install.
- Credit/Debit Card Enhancements. New EMV devices provide both signature capture and support for EMV transactions to reduce your liability for fraud. You can now activate an option to let the customer decide if they want to use credit/debit just like other major retailers.
Step 1: Set the default method for both “Credit” and “Debit” Card payments on the Payment Methods List (Setup > Payment Methods). Just check the option “Default pay method ..” on the Payment Method Form.
Step 2: Check the option: “Allow the customer to select credit/debit” on the Update Computer Settings Form (Setup > Computer > Credit Cards).
Step 3: You may still select a specific payment type for the customer when promoted for a payment type, but selecting “Credit or Debit” will let the customer decide how to pay.
- User/Clerk/Salesperson. Sales Entry transactions now track the user that is logged in, the clerk performing the sale (often the same) and the salesperson assigned to the transaction. You can view the user logged in when the transaction was created on the More Tab. The Clerk and Salesperson are found on the main Sales Entry window.
- New Contract Reports. (1) Sales by Contract shows the performance of each contract for a range of dates (2) Contract Sales Previous Year Comparison compares contract sales for the dates selected to the previous year. See report options for grouping settings.
- Contract Salesperson. Contracts can be assigned to a Salesperson which allows the “Sales by Contract” report and the new report “Contract Sales Previous Year Comparison” to be grouped by “Salesperson”.
- Backup Folder for AutoBackups. You can now specify the backup folder to use for Automatic Backups. Select setup > System Options and check “Specify the automatic back folder”
- Invoice/Receipt Totals. The number of items on a transaction are now printed on receipt and laser/inkjet copies.
- Accounts Payable Form. You can now enter the check number used for the payment of a Payable/PO Receipt.
- User Security Options. New user security settings have been added for new functionality and as enhancements. Here is the list of new (T/F) additions:
- Customer Tab
- Set Customer Billing and Terms
- Inventory Tab
- Set Max/Min Levels
- Misc Tab
- View user activity log
- Run SQL utilities
- Add and modify SQL readonly queries
- Run SQL readonly Queries
- Reporting Tab
- Memorize Reports
- Run Memorized Reports
- Customer Tab
- Customer Tax Status. (1) The Customer Export now exports the customer’s tax status and you can easily find customers with tax exempt status. (2) The Customer List Report (Reports > Lists > Customers) can also limit the report to customers with a particular tax setting. (3) The Customer List “Filter Settings” can limit the list to a particular tax status.
- Catalog Utility. After downloading an update, the Catalog List is automatically updated without prompting. Changed the text when removing the old Catalog for a vendor to say “Preparing” instead of “removing” as this could cause concern.
- Purchase Order List and Select PO to Receive List. These lists can now show (1) the store that created a PO, the store that will receive the PO (i.e. the “Ship To” store), or all Purchase orders.
- No Barcodes on Price Tags. You can choose to not print the program’s barcode on price tags. This option is found by selecting Setup > Store > Pricing Tab > Tag and Retail Pricing and unchecking “print the barcode on tags”.
- Stations. You can now set up 99 different stations instead of 50.
- Month End Settings. There are new options for setting the length of time to keep User Activity log records and PDF’s of “Completed” reports generated from a “Memorized” report.
- Month-End. The Month-End process now “shrinks” both the SQL DB and log file to its minimum size at the end of the process.
- Sales Table. The Sales Table now provides the options to show “Billed” sales if they exist. Previously Billed sales could only be viewed if the customer was currently assigned to a Billed account.
- Item History. The Item History for a customer now displays items sold to a Billed account if the sales exist. Previously items sold to a Billed account were only displayed if a customer was currently assigned to a Billed account.
- Sub-Account Table. Displaying sub-accounts for a Billed account was slow. This is now very fast. Revised the index being used.
Connected Feature Revisions
- Peppergate and Phoenix Footwear are now providing images for their products in the Vendor Catalog. Peppergate is aware they are missing many product images at this time.
- Month to Month Comparison. If the report was run through February 29th, the report did not use the correct dates. Now the report uses the 29th and 28th of February as the end dates for all years for a proper “February” comparison.
- Inventory Summary. Fixed an error that could misreport deleted items.
- Inventory Table. When displaying “All” Products, found that the list could return nothing after editing an item when there are discontinued close in name. Fixed
- WebStore and Paypal. If a Paypal transaction used the same customer and store account (ie. the owner of the store testing a Paypal purchase), a repeating error would occur and it could create thousands of log entries of the error. This has been resolved and the Month-End Process will remove these errors from the WebStore log and shrink the database size.
- WebStore Credit Card Error Checking. Improved the credit card error checking to properly Void transactions when internet connectivity is dropped at critical junctures in the approval process.