Jon Lemons – Friday, December 15, 2017
6.20 New Features
- Texting. You can now easily send texts to your customers to notify them that an order is ready for pickup or their order has shipped. Just highlight a customer or an order and select the F12-Send Text button. You can send a single text message or use the Wizard to send texts to a group. Texting and reading replies with your customer couldn’t be any easier.
Your Subscription provides you with the ability to send 500 text messages per year, or you can sign up for a Twilio account and send as many texts as you want. With a Twilio account you can also receive replies. Twilio accounts cost $1/month and under a 1 penny per text.
All email and text communication is now visible for each customer on the Customer Form > Emails, Texts, and Edits Tab.
- Sending Text Messages. You can send a single text message from the Customer List and the Sales List for the highlighted record using the F12-Send Text button. While on the Send Text Message Window, pressing F12-Text Wizard button activates a Texting Wizard that will build a list of phone numbers to text based on the Wizard option you selected (i.e. Orders ready for Pickup or Orders Ready to Ship). After the Wizard builds a list of matching customers with “mobile” phone numbers, you can select the message to send. When the Wizard is completed.To enter your Twilio Account details, select Setup > System > Texting tab.
You can review all sent and received Text Messages on the Text Message List (Lists > Text Messages). If you have a Twilio account, you can even see the full “conversation” view for a single text message in the list.Text Message Templates for used by the Text Message Wizard can be edited on the Text Message template List (Lists > Text Message Templates).Customer Form Additions for Texting. (1) the Emails, Texts, and Edits Tab on the Customer Form can be used to review all emails and text messages sent to a customer. (2) You can turn off the ability to text a specific customer on the Credit Card & Contact Tab on the Customer Form. (3) In order to send a text to a Customer’s phone, the phone number must be set as a “Mobile” number on the Customer Form.** Very Important so Repeating ** In order to send a text to a Customer’s phone, the phone number must be set as a “Mobile” number on the Customer Form. You should verify the number is a mobile number when they place an order, update their record, and texting will be ready to work when their order is ready for pickup or delivery.
- Sales List. The Sales List can now limit the list to (1) transactions with ALL items Ready for Pickup and (2) transactions with ALL items Ready to Ship. Use this to easily follow up with customer special orders that are not getting picked up and to find orders that need to be shipped today.
- Inventory List. The inventory list now has the option to only display Styles and Products that have stock, a max/min value, or are on order. This makes it easy to always see “active” inventory items.
- Special Orders Not Placed List. This list can now be limited to display open special orders for a selected store. It also will only display a “check mark” next to an open special order if it possible to allocate a special order to an existing purchase. the check mark used to be displayed if their were open purchase orders, but didn’t test all conditions before the check mark was displayed.
- Color Descriptions on Printouts. The color description now prints on Receiving Lists, the Top 40 Report, and Invoices/Receipts.
- Inventory Export. If multiple price levels are used, all active price levels beginning with level 2 are exported in the last columns in the Inventory List export.
- Customers with Sales. You can now limit the Customer List to those customers with sales in a date range and with sales between a minimum and maximum value. Just select Filter > Sales Tab from the Customer Table. Make sure you activate the filter on the Customer Table and voila (w-a-la).
- Special Orders to Allocate. Now showing a “gray” checkmark if a PO exists but allocation is not available for purchases being shipped to remote locations. Fixed a regression in 6.20RC1 that prevented special order items from other locations from being allocated to existing purchase orders.
- PO Table. Showing the ship to store number if there are more than 1 inventory stores.
- Hospital Payment Detail Report This report now prints the payment date instead of the invoice date in the Detail section. The “amount” column has been renamed to “Paid”.
- SPI POS Data Sharing. You can now send SPI your sales and inventory information. This program from SPI is in Beta and requires their approval.
- X-Charge POS Processing. You now have the option to cancel a X-Charge processing request using the cancel button on the “Waiting for X-Charge” progress window if the process takes more than 60 seconds, and X-Charge hangs or locks up. If you cancel the request and X-Charge still processes the card, the software will not record the payment as processed. The cancel option works well in cases where X-Charge fails return control back to the program.
- Inventory Aging Report. This report can now be limited to only include items without a Max/Min value on the reports – use the Options Tab.
Connected Feature Revisions
- Chefwear and Landau. The connected options for Chefwear now use the same internal settings as Landau. Both options in the Connected Vendor drop list behave the same. Chefwear image files should now automatically download.
- 5.11 EDI. 511 has changed their EDI provider and this updated version is required to send them EDI orders.
- EasyStreet Shoes.. EasyStreet Shoes is now providing images for the items in their catalog.
- IguanaMed. IguanaMed is no longer a connected partner and has been removed.
- WebStore Revisions. There is no longer a fixed number of items displayed on a page. As users scroll down a page, matching items are automatically added to the bottom of the page. Content Sections on a Content Page can now have a “Vertical” space added. Valid options for what to show in a content section is “Text”, “Vertical Space”, and “Objects. When adding a vertical space, you can choose the size of the vertical space.
Note: Auto-loading items on a page does not work on Internet Explorer properly. This feature has been disabled for IE only until a remedy can be found.
- WebStore Search by Brand and Departments. The search field now returns results for matching text for a brand or department.
- WebStore Produce Image. The WebStore now only shows a style image in an available color for Groups/Contracts.
- WebStore Lowest Price. The WebStore now displays lowest price for styles on the product page and EXCLUDES discontinued items that can be lower in price than non-discontinued items.
- WebStore Group Pricing. We have improved the display of Contract/Group items in the WebStore to show the price range for items on the Product Page more consistently. This change reduces the number of items with *Click to See Price.
- WebStore Carts and Sessions. The WebStore now keeps a shopper’s session active for 4 hours. Previously, session’s and cart contents stayed active for 60 minutes.
- Web Server Logging. The Web Server now automatically logs processing details into the \logs\process1.log file. The process1.log file is renamed as it get too large.
- WebStore. The Web Server now verifies orders exist for all credit card payments received for an order. If an order does not exist, the charge is voided
6.20 POS Fixes/Revisions
- Open Special Orders Detail Report. When the report was limited to a vendor, the totals were not always correct. Fixed now.
- Open Items on PO’s. When the option “Store Report” was selected, this report was not including items for the target location unless the PO was created by the same location, or “All Stores” was selected for the report. This has been fixed.
- Department Comparison Report. Items without departments did not properly print “Unassigned” as it should on items without departments. Fixed now.
- POS Data Share.This did not automatically run without a WebStore configuration active. Fixed now.
- Vendor Image Files Fixed an issue with the 2nd pass of the Month-End not properly keeping credit card signatures. The 2nd pass was only active if INI entries were manually created to reduce the SQL database size.
- Month-End Fixed an issue with the 2nd pass of the Month-End not properly keeping credit card signatures. The 2nd pass was only active if INI entries were manually created to reduce the SQL database size.
- Inventory with Negative Values. This report was incorrectly including some items on the report. Fixed now.
- Vendor Comparison.This report could show an incorrect item for a deleted vendor. Fixed now.
- Catalog Utility. After updating pricing, it was possible for the “style” to not reflect the lowest price. This has been fixed.After discontinuing items or reactivating them, it was possible for the “style” to not have the proper inventory code. This has been revised so that if all items are discontinued, the style is discontinued. If one or more items are NOT discontinued, the style is NOT listed as discontinued.Fixed an issue where the Catalog Utility would terminate if “skipping” items that could be updated.
- F4-Sales Total. Totaling was not correct when the item sold for a zero amount. Fixed now.
- Contract Item Entry. The Contact Item form now checks the option to include item notes on the sales entry transaction when the include notes on the po is selected.
6.20 WebStore Fixes/Revisions
- WebStore Items. Items for “non-selected vendors” could be displayed in the WebStore when NOT signed into a group. This occurred when contracts included in the WebStore were not part of the “selected vendors”. This has been fixed.
- WebStore. Fixed a memory leak in the HTML generation and an index out of range error that could occur.
- WebStore Group Selections. It was not possible to select vendors or departments if the Group Name had an apostrophe in the text. This has been fixed
- WebStore Contract Price Name. In some circumstances the price for an item for a Group was mislabeled as “Retail” instead of “your price”. This has been fixed.
- WebStore In-Store Pickup. The WebStore was listing all stores as potential in-store pickup stores. The only store available for in-store pickup now correctly displays the store set for the configuration and shows the address for store.
- WebStore Work Order Forms. After selecting to customize an item in the Cart, the list of Work Orders options could text wrap incorrectly if the names were long. Fixed now.
- WebStore Checkout Fixes. When the PO field was enabled for on account purchases, it would disappear after the amount to bill was entered. This has been fixed. Removed the ability to select a store location for in-store pickup. This was displayed and the feature is for a future release. The “Bill To” address showed bullets to the left of the address and this has been removed. The credit card entry form for xweb had scroll bars. This has been removed.
- WebStore Salesperson Assignment. WebStore orders were not assigning the Salesperson assigned to the customer from the Customer Form onto WebStore Orders. This has been fixed to work just like Sales Entry.
- WebStore Sales and Open Orders for My Account. These rows display much better on small mobile devices.
- WebStore Checkout PO Field. The PO entry field for Billed Accounts would disappear after entering an amount to Bill in the Checkout Process. This has been fixed.
- WebStore. Revised the session ID to remove all restrictions on WebStore domain name length.
- WebStore Credit Card Entry Timeout. Fixed a regression in 6.10 that did not timeout the credit card entry form after 5 minutes. The user would get an error message after entering their credit card data. Fixed now.
- WebStore No Image. Revised the image displayed for colors or items where no image is available to one that is less intense.
- WebStore. Revised the daily restart process for the Web Server that occurs between 3 and 6am.
- Web Server. Revised the Restart Monitor to improve the Web Server up-time. The Restart Monitor now handles restarting the Web Server when: (1) program updates are started but stopped early in the process, and (2) a failure occurs loading inventory in the morning warm-restart of the WebStore. The only way to stop the Web Server from being restarted is to STOP the web server with the “tray” application.
- WebStore Work Orders. Users were NOT able to properly select an option for an item with multiple selections. Fixed now.
- Web Server. Fixed an issue that could cause the Web Server to restart after being provoked by an internet bot “crawling” the WebStore.
- WebStore Shop/Brand Menus. These pre-defined menus now work as expected if placed on the WebStore Main Menu separately from the Shop Menu.